During the school year, for breakfast, I’d throw together something quick like fruit. Now that it’s officially summer, I have had more time to make breakfast, so I thought I’d share with yall what I’ve been enjoying so far. I’ve been wanting to do more food-related posts so I hope you enjoy!
1. Avocado toast
You can also add feta, or an egg to top it off!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
-Smoked salmon (optional)
-Whatever seasoning you like
-Put bread into toast.
-Cut an avocado in half.
-Use a spoon to put it into a bowl and mash it up with a squeeze of lemon
-Scoop out and transfer to toast
-Season or squeeze a little more lemon
-Add smoked salmon (optional)
2. Yogurt with fruit and granola
I’ve been using this coconut yogurt because I haven’t handling dairy very well lately. You can also use greek yogurt. You can also substitute the yogurt for oatmeal or smoothie bowl (might do a post on this later!!)
Yogurt. Fruit. Granola. Arrange however you’d like!
3. Waffle with fruit
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
-Waffle (I’m using whole-grain)
-Put waffle into toaster
-Take some yogurt and spread on waffle
-Add berries or whatever fruit you’d like
What’re your favorite healthy breakfasts?
Happy Wednesday! Last weekend, I had the privilege of attending a free movie screening of the movie Before I Fall so I invited two of my favorite people to go with me. It was a good movie and I’m grateful I was able to attend.
Afterward, my friends and I shopped and I found these leggings from LOFT that I adored so I wore them out of the store. I literally had to sit on the counter so I wouldn’t beep when I left the store and an employee cut the tag off. It was a huge ego booster being able to fit into those pants, lemme tell ya…
Then we ended up going to Wabi House and we all got the same ramen. We took a lot of cute photos afterward in the surrounding areas.
Zeta Tau Alpha Shirt// UTA ZTA
Necklace// Kendra Scott
Earrings// Kendra Scott
Jean Leggings// LOFT
Finally, we went to Bisous Bisous Patisserie and it has the cutest shop front!! We loved choosing four macarons we wanted and sharing it. My favorite was the lemon!
I hope you all have a great rest of your week!
It’s crazy how this week is Thanksgiving isn’t it? Now that it’s finally starting to feel like
fall winter honestly, I figured I’d throw it back all the way to summer with this blog post.
It was the peak of Pokemon Go and my friend tagged me on Instagram about a cool Pokemon mural in Dallas. Since we essentially grew up with Pokemon, we had to find it. We ended up driving all around Deep Ellum and other random places to try to find it but hey, life’s about the adventure, not the journey, right? I also got to catch some cool Pokemon.
Dress from a couple of summers ago in Australia // TEMT
Necklace // Kendra Scott
Sandals // Steve Madden
I love this dress because it’s dressy yet casual enough to wear day-to-day.
After we took all the pictures we possibly could, we ended up going to Breadwinners. I’m not exactly sure what I ate but it was tasty. Breadwinners has this indoor patio area that’s really cute.
On the way there, we took a detour by going to the very top of a rooftop garage to see the views.
After that, I went to Sephora to try out bb cushion creams (that I may write a blog post about) then went home.
What’s your favorite thing to do with your friends?
Fall semester starts for me on tomorrow! I feel like summer flew by but then again, I was in summer school all summer. BUT it also means it’s my last year of school!
This semester, I have 3 classes back to back from 11-3:20 so I’ll eat food before class but I will also need to eat during class.I thought I’d come up with some good foods to eat during class. I know for me, I get so paranoid that I’m being too loud.
*Be mindful of the students around you who may be allergic and it also depends whether you’re in a big class or not and on your teacher.*
Here are some snack/lunch ideas for when your day is long and you have to eat during class!
- Fruit. I either really love fruit or I don’t. Good examples are cut up mango, berries, grapes, banana, etc.
- Bars – I’d recommend cereal bars or protein bars but I wouldn’t necessarily recommend the granola bars because they tend to be louder and messier. I love going to Whole Foods and looking at the ingredients of protein/energy bars and what’s the best for me
- Sandwich/wrap/pita pocket – peanut butter/jelly/honey, turkey, etc!
Maybe even cut up a sandwich to make sure it’s easier to eat but make sure it’s wrapped up well to make sure it doesn’t spill.
- Fruit snacks! Annie’s are my favorite. I go for the berry ones and avoid the yellow and orange ones.
- Chia Squeeze – the texture is kind of weird but if you can get used to it, it’s pretty good.
- Smoothies! I typically add spinach (you honestly can’t taste it), frozen berries, greek yogurt (sometimes), a banana, and chia seeds! You can also add your nut butter of your choice.
- Protein balls – I’ve used this recipe and it’s delicious. I substituted peanut butter for almond butter.
- String cheese or Babybel – I don’t do this because I don’t like room temperature cheese but if you’re okay with that, go for it!
- Nuts – I used to snack on almonds during breaks. You can buy 100 calorie portion sandwich bags from Kroger, get normal sized sandwich bags or get the individually packaged ones!
- Goldfish/Annie’s Cheddar Bunnies/Cheez-Its – it may be too loud but totally depends on you
- Hummus and pretzel chips
I love Sabre red pepper hummus and Love and Hummus lemon hummus from Whole Foods (it’s in a glass container)
Source credit: love and hummus
- Dried fruit – not always the best for you but sometimes they’re really sweet and tasty
- Banana/plaintain chips – I found some that are chili flavored and they’re so so good!
Again, I wanted to reiterate the importance of being mindful of the students around you. Some people are severely allergic! I’d also advise against food that’s really fragrant.
I hope this is helpful and good luck with school!
Earlier this summer, my friend and I had a catch up date in Dallas. She told me to pick somewhere and luckily, it turned out great. It was a bright restaurant near the movie theater.
Pink cacti are the cutest
I got a black bean burger and the chicken tarragon salad and she got the pulled pork grilled cheese with the chicken tarragon salad.
Sprinkles surely hit the spot! I ended up getting a kid’s size and it was the perfect size.
Hope you all have a great day!